Candidate of Biological Sciences
Research interests – biotechnology, plant breeding, genetics and molecular biology. Author of 5 varieties of wheat. The Hirsch index according to Scopus/WoS=4, author of more than 140 scientific publications in domestic and foreign publications, has 6 copyright certificates for inventions.
ORCID ID – 0000-0002-7256-568X
Scopus ID – 57194829297
- Population genetic, molecular phylogenetic studies of rare endemic and relict species of Kazakhstan;
- Creation of an in vitro biobank of rare, endemic and medicinal plant species;
- Study of molecular genetic mechanisms of plant adaptation to environmental stress factors;
- Development of biotechnologies for creating economically valuable forms of plants;
- Development of computer programs and genetic databases.
- A technology has been developed for microclonal propagation of the valuable medicinal plant Rhodiola rosea The developed technology makes it possible to obtain own-rooted Rhodiola rosea plants with a closed root system (CRS) for plantation cultivation in order to obtain medicinal raw materials;
- Technologies have been developed for long-term storage in vitro culture of rare medicinal and endemic plants Rhodiola, Allium sp., Paeonia anomala, Rhaponticum carthamoides;
- Technologies for genetic certification of wheat varieties and breeding lines using various types of markers have been developed.
Provision of services
- Accelerated propagation of rare, endemic and medicinal plants;
- Molecular genetic certification of plant varieties and lines;
- DNA barcoding of plants and phytopathogenic microorganisms;
- Phytoexamination of seed and planting material.
Terletskaya, N., Turzhanova, A., Khapilina, O., Zhumagul, M., Meduntseva, N., Kudrina, N., Korbozova, N., Kubentayev, S., & Kalendar, R. (2023)
Genetic diversity in natural populations of Rhodiola species of different adaptation strategies. Genes, 14(4), . https://doi.org/10.3390/genes14040794
Khapilina O, Turzhanova A, Danilova A, Tumenbayeva A, Shevtsov V, Kotukhov Y, Kalendar R 2021.
Primer Binding Site (PBS) profiling of genetic diversity of natural populations of endemic species Аllium ledebourianum Schult.. BioTech, 10(4): 23. DOI:10.3390/biotech10040023 https://www.scimagojr.com/journalsearch.php?q=21100826384&tip=sid&clean=0
Khapilina O, Raiser O, Danilova A, Shevtsov V, Turzhanova A, Kalendar R 2021.
DNA profiling and assessment of genetic diversity of relict species Allium altaicum Pall. on the territory of Altai. PeerJ, 9:DOI:10.7717/peerj.10674
Turzhanova A, Khapilina O, Tumenbaeva A., Shevtsov V, Raiser O, Kalendar R 2020.
Genetic diversity of Alternaria species associated with black point in wheat grains. PeerJ, 8: e9097 DOI:10.7717/peerj.9097
Shevtsov V., Ismailova A., Aitimova U., Khapilina O.
Application of information systems and tools in bioinformatics // Scientific Journal of Astana IT University. - Vol 9. - March 2022. – Р. 14-21. DOI: 10.37943/AITU.2022.59.49.002
Raizer, O. B.; Khapilina, O. N.; Turzhanova, A. S.; Tagimanova, D. S.; Kalendar, R. N. 2020.
Polymorphism of genes of antioxidant system enzymes in cultivated wheat species and wild-growing relatives. Agrarian Bulletin of The on November 26, 2020 DOI:10.32417/1997-4868-2020-202-11-85-92
Райзер О. Б., Хапилина О. Н.
iPBS полиморфизм редких реликтовых и исчезающих видов Allium, произрастающих на территории Казахстанского Алтая // Аграрный вестник Урала. - 2020. - №. 09 (200). – С. 63-73. DOI: 10.32417/1997-4868-2020-200-9-63-73